Are you looking to scale your e-commerce business via marketplaces? Then you should take a closer look at Zalando. On Zalando, you benefit from the name recognition and popularity of this large online platform. You can win new customers and increase your sales. We support you in creating and implementing your sales strategy on Zalando. Our customer case also shows what really matters to start successfully on Zalando. Would you like to learn more?
Simply arrange a non-binding consultation and ask us your questions!
For successful selling on Zalando, there are different strategies you can use depending on the positioning of your brand. This can also differ regionally or depending on the product.
- Brand awareness: Active campaigns that create more awareness for the brand.
- Brand protection: In contrast to brand awareness, this takes into account the protection of the position already established (e.g. by retailers). This is often the strategy in the country from which a brand originates.
- Profitable sales: with a brand that already has a high brand awareness in a country, this strategy tries to get the most out of your brand.
- Product/brand launch or internationalization: Do you want to launch a new brand and/or new products on marketplaces or use marketplaces primarily as an internationalization channel?
Additionally, before you can sell on Zalando you have to decide between the wholesale or seller model. Both methods have advantages and disadvantages and have to be chosen on a case-by-case basis. We support you in finding your strategy and in negotiations with Zalando.
Would you like to learn more?
For sales on Zalando, an additional integrator such as Tradebyte or ChannelEngine is required except for ZFS partners. Furthermore, this is beneficial for centralized product, price and returns management.
Here you can find the complete overview of our Fulfillment & Integration Partners.
You want to start selling on Zalando?
To sell on Zalando, you should check a number of requirements in advance.
To sell on Zalando you need to…
- … be accepted as a partner of Zalando.
- … sell products in relevant product segments (fashion, accessories, …).
- … use ZFS or
- … ensure fast and free delivery
- … offer a 100 days return policy
- … have a warehouse in the EU for returns and work with a logistics partner accepted by Zalando.
We are happy to support you with connectivity, product listing and feed optimization.
In order to sell successfully on Zalando, there are also some operational points to consider:
- Decide whether you want to use fulfillment by Zalando (ZFS) or fulfillment by merchant (FBM) and consider the pros and cons of both options.
- Monitor your inventory regularly to avoid shortages or overstocks and optimize storage costs.
- Ensure proper packaging of your products to minimize shipping damage and ensure customer satisfaction.
- Define a clear returns policy and make sure you handle returns efficiently to avoid negative reviews.
- Ensure competitive pricing and monitor your competitors’ prices to respond appropriately.
- Adhere to Zalando’s policies and best practices to ensure you meet all requirements and avoid issues.
- Provide excellent customer service to build customer loyalty and receive positive reviews.
We are happy to support you with all operational processes and the selection of the appropriate fulfillment solution.
Zalando offers a variety of ways to showcase your brand and products:
- Basic Content
- Zalando Brand Home
In order for users to find your products on Zalando, they must be created according to SEO best practices for Zalando. This includes titles, bullet points and content. We support you with the creation and optimization.
In order to sell successfully on Zalando, you need a tailored strategy that is supported with the appropriate marketing measures on Zalando. We create co-curated products, sponsored display or web & social media ads. Campaign, bid and budget management are complex and require daily review and adjustment. Invest your marketing budget in a targeted way.
Increase your sales with an optimized funnel and retail media strategy:
- Zalando Web Ads & Social Media Ads: Present your brand in new places and reach your target groups on Zalando and beyond.
- Sponsored Display Ads: Promote your product for remarketing, brand awareness and upselling.
- Brand Shop: Showcase your own brand to increase brand awareness.
- Co-Curated products: Promote selected products to generate more sales.
We are happy to help you scale your business on Zalando with the right retail media strategy!
Are you really “Retail Ready”?
A multitude of individual factors influence your success on Zalando. We show you which points you need to pay special attention to and how you can get your products “Retail Ready”:
- Product title
- Product images
- Bullet points
- Product description
- Premium content like the Zalando Brand Shop
We are happy to support you in making your products “Retail Ready” for Zalando.